With the shell gone to the cage shop, time to get the wreck back on the lift…
Click the image to open in full size.

But I didn’t feel like tearing stuff apart today. So I built something instead.
Click the image to open in full size.

Been needing to get extra wheels up out of the way for a while. Priced pre-built wheel racks, and decided to build instead. Found a design I liked, with a DIY, here.

I built two and stacked them. Room for 8 wheels – my track wheels, and either my all-seasons or my summer wheels, when the others are mounted.
Click the image to open in full size.

Today’s parts arrival: the stuff that saved my life.
Click the image to open in full size.
Schroth Hybrid II complete set, plus ASM shoulder belt for street use, and replacement brackets for my lap belt. Not taking any chances, reusing nothing.

Also, a big tool:
Click the image to open in full size.

This should help a LOT with transmissions and subframes. It’s a little taller at minimum height than I thought. The tilting table is quite tall. I may build a simpler fixed platform for it that will make the overall height about 6″ shorter. Should give me enough clearance to drop things out of the car when needed.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>